Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Little Word, 365 days


Peace
That's what I've decided my One Little Word will be this year.
Some of the girls over on the SCS Scrappin' chat forums have been choosing one word to live by this year and although FINISH was in the top two, Peace won out.

I chose peace because I closed my eyes and asked myself, 'how would I like to feel right now?' - it was a no-brainer!

I spend a lot of time and energy doing things that I hope will give me a particular feeling - I scrap, I read, I write, I eat (:rolleyes:) I start creative projects of all kinds hoping that something will give me that "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...." feeling. Evenings, I put the kids to bed and stay up late, late, late into the night searching for the quiet I lack during the day. All the kid-cophony, the chatter and constant rushing takes its toll on me; I often say I'm just looking for 'down time' but I know it's more than that. I long for moments of peace without the little nattering, nagging concerns trying to edge their way into my conscious space. I wish to feel calm during my everyday life - WHILE the mayhem is going on so I can deal, calmly, WITH the kid-cophony! I can't finish things because of all the interruptions, I feel anxious when there are unfinished tasks hanging over my head... it's all a vicious cycle.

So, no trips to Tibet or forays into religion on the horizon for me, but it's peace I shall explore this year - in any way I can. Sanctuary, calm, quiescence...

So, in the course of the next year and partially in the context of the 365 photos a year project, I shall seek peace.

Here's my first photo of the year, and I jazzed it up with Rhonna Farrer's (here's her website) digi kit "Fortune" which I got from Two Peas in a Bucket

2 comments:

Erika H. said...

WOW! What a FANTASTIC idea! This is such a wonderful page...beautiful journaling. I love it. Good luck on finding peace! I surely can relate

Denise W said...

Oh Kirsten, you've just inspired me to create a scrapbook layout for my word, too! I can't believe the thought never crossed my mind!!!

After reading your journaling, I can certainly relate. I find myself thirsting for peace as well - although i am learning to recognize exactly what triggers my feelings of unease, and that goes a long way toward being able to find peace, i have found.

great page! thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou