Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stamp club projects from July

Here are the two cards we made at our last club meetings. The one on the left is made using the Upsy Daisy set, Melon Mambo paper and ink and Crushed Curry paper and ink. We rubbed the inkpads on a sheet of transparency and then brayered it over the image - which had been stamped in VersaMark and embossed with white ep. Sadly, the stamping with bleach technique didn't work at the first class. The bleach was diluted just a teeny bit in the container and it was a dud. Next picture is the sample WITH the bleach technique. I hope you'll try it on your own, it is LOADS of fun. (***note, I don't know about you, but I can't get this one to work on Not Quite Navy cardstock. Might be just me, not sure.)

The one on the right is the 'famous' re-inker spread technique. This technique originated with Crystal French from Denver, and was demo'd at the Stampin' Up! Seattle Regional Seminar by Connie Ingram. Then Sandi MacIver shared the directions on a yahoo group and Patty Bennet did a fabulous tutorial on it. I just love it - I can't stop making them! Just remember, you have to use shimmery cardstock, regular Whisper White won't work.

I'll post the 3D we made in a bit, and I hope, a sneak peek. (I know, I always say that and I *never* get around to it, but this time I'm determined!!!)

toodles!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou