Friday, August 7, 2009

These are a couple of examples of the little case we made at our last club meetings. I made them a few different ways, but all with a pocket on the front and handles. The one on the left is made with Certainly Celery and Soft Suede cardstock, Tall Tales Designer paper, gold brads, medium twill tape and D rings from the fabric store. The one on the right uses Old Olive cardstock, still the Tall Tales dp, gold brads and Chocolate Chip cardstock for the handles. You could put a lovely treat (chocolate sounds nice!), a note pad or some small cards in the front pocket and some nice monogrammed blank cards, some all-occasion cards or a paperback book in the main part of the tote. There are so many ways to dress up a simple box like this. I kept this one really simple, but I'll have to post some others I've been churning out for fall craft sales when I get a chance. They're really fun to do.

My hostesses got a covered sticky-notes pad with a pencil and an assortment of cards to fill the box - only one of which I've pictured here, all using the Tall Tales designer paper and coordinating cardstock. I constantly kick myself for forgetting to take pictures of my stuff before I give it away!!! sigh.

I took this case idea from Leigh O'Brien's "totally totes" tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers - a link won't help you unless you're a fan club member there so I won't try. I can send you directions for my version, which is very simple, more of a jumping off point really, if you wish. Just drop me a note.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou