Friday, July 3, 2009

Here are a couple of pictures of the last Hostess gift I gave. It's a bunch of different cards made with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder for the Big shot. I wanted to keep them pretty simple, just show off some of the (endless!) combinations one could come up with. I used three of the sentiments from the Oval All set (the fourth was used on a card we made in class!). I also used the now retired (sniff sniff) Baja Blue cardstock, Urban Oasis designer paper, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey and Bashful blue cardstock as well as the coordinating ribbons.

I know it's a bad picture, I'm having a real hard time getting used to my new 'snapshot' camera. I sure hope Nikon comes through for me with my beloved D40.

By the way, I was inspired by the many mini magazine holder card holders I've seen on blogs and at Splitcoast. In fact I made one before I realized they were so small. So, I set out to make one that holds regular sized cards. I must be getting better at this, because it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. I used a 12x12 sheet of cardstock, and if I ever acquire the technical skills I will post the pattern.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou