Saturday, July 18, 2009
I did this wall hanging for a lady recently, and although I found it challenging (mostly on the nerves) I found it SO rewarding as well.
I have a passion for preserving memories - though it doesn't show lately - and I love art, especially paper art, and most especially on walls... I know I talk about it alot, but still I was surprised when I got a call from a 'friend of a friend' asking me to help her get some pictures into a frame.
After having a chat about the people and places involved, I put together this piece. It's about 20x30" inside the frame and made from lots of different materials - from Stampin' Up! and Creative Memories papers to CM clear title stickers, Primas, lots of brads and even some Maya Road chipboard. The frame is from Ikea, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that even with all the dimensional materials the whole thing fit under the glass beautifully. I did add some Stampin' dimensionals around the edges, under the glass, to reduce the pressure a little, but I don't know if I needed them really. I do think it's a little busy, and had I it to do over, I would have done the 'quilt' a little more monochromatic - but it was nice to fit in all the little 'secret' details that speak to the personality of the family in the photos. I think of it like a crazy quilt (and if you saw the little frog charm and wee nuts and bolts...).
Here are some closer-ups of the 'quilt' I did under the photos. I machine-stitched the egdes with a subtle zig zag onto the background, which is a very nice bit of linen paper in ivory.
I hope you like it - and I hope the family who received it likes it!!!
- ► 2010 (16)
- sneak peek?
- Sigh. Ani's birthday is over - again - it seems li...
- Deal of the Week: Heart to Heart PunchYou're goin...
- New Deal of the week is this Hodgepodge Hardware s...
- Some art
- Birthday purses
- New Catty Survival Kits
- Here's big news - Stampin' Up! has offered a new, ...
- June club and workshop projects
- Deal of the Week: Big Shot Doctor's Bag You'll fe...
- Here are a couple of pictures of the last Hostess ...
- My little four-leaf clover; July 3rd
- What I did today
- July is a pretty exciting month at Stampin' Up! Th...
- ▼ July (14)